However you celebrate Christmas this year, we wish you health, happiness, and prosperity!
Amidst the adversity this year, we look ahead to 2021. The new all-time highs in the crypto markets and our 2020 milestones give us reason for strong optimism.
Investments accelerated dramatically in our award-winning Asset Management: our active fund grew to from $10 million to $50 million AuM. Read more.
We enabled our clients and hit a new record of over $1 billion in crypto assets traded:
- Automated 24/7 limit and stop orders across all major currency pairs.
- The first automated, travel-rule-compliant bitcoin transaction worldwide.
- The 2nd independent audit, with a SOC2 Type 2 report by EY for our Storage Infrastructure Services.
- Storage capability for Ethereum 2 staking and the Cardano hard fork.
Our expansion activities continue, after securing our Series B financing in April:
- Crypto Finance Asia opened in Singapore.
- Growth with our finance sector clients for services in crypto assets, such as InCore Bank, managing the largest private banking system in Switzerland.
What is your approach to digital assets and blockchain?
This is the question our clients face today, as these institutional investments in crypto assets make headlines:
- Multi-million investments in bitcoin by publicly listed companies: treasury investments by Square and MicroStrategy, German media giant Bertelsmann, and Massachusetts Mutual Life Insurance – yes, insurance.
- Banks and asset managers are adding crypto assets in the US, Asia, and Europe: US asset manager Stone Ridge, hedge fund Tudor BVI, the UK’s Standard and Chartered, Spain’s leading bank BBVA, heritage-steeped German bank von der Heydt & Co., Italy’s Banca Generali, and Singapore’s DBS with a digital exchange, join to earlier announcements by Swiss banks Maerki Baumann and Swissquote.
- DLT regulations take shape, with Switzerland at the forefront: the new Swiss DLT law, effective February 2021, introduces a new license type for security token exchanges (DLT trading facilities), a simpler regulatory approach for digital asset custody providers, and a civil law concept for asset tokens (digital uncertified securities in a DLT ecosystem).
These are the answers that we support professional and institutional investors with:
- Investment strategies in wealth and asset management: allocations of 1-5% in crypto assets for multi-asset strategies. Read more.
- Meeting the demand for crypto assets: a digital asset offering to trade and store crypto assets that meets the highest regulatory and security standards. Read more.
- Realising efficiency and innovation opportunities: tokenisation, blockchain, and crypto storage infrastructure for the digital asset markets taking shape today. Read more.
On a final note, to give back this holiday season, we are sponsoring the Swiss Bitcoin Core Developer Jonas Schnelli in recognition of his work. Learn more about Jonas and his work on GitHub.
We thank you for your trust this year and look forward to sharing more insights and successes in the coming year.
Best wishes this holiday season from the team at Crypto FinanceWeiterlesen